Wally Swan Speaking to Downtown Minneapolis Neighborhood Association
- Downtown Minneapolis Neighborhood Association—Secretary, 2011-2012.
- Rainbow Health Initiative—Secretary, 2011-2012.
- American Society for Public Administration–Co-Chair of Work Group on Budget, Strategic Plan and Performance measures and Co-Chair of ASPA 2000; Nominated for Vice Presidency of ASPA in 1996. Chair of CORE (1995-1996); Served on Policy Issues, Finance, Ethics Committees of the Society for Public Administration; National Council of ASPA (1993-1996); 1976; twice served as Chapter President, 1976-1978; Minnesota Chapter Secretary, 1975.
- First Unitarian Society, (non-profit), Board Member, Finance Chair (Budget of $440,000), Vice Chair, 1992; Chair, 1993-1995; President of Foundation Board 2002 to 2005, (Endowment of $1.3 million), Board member through June 2006.
- Friends of Skyway Seniors Board —(non-profit), Vice President, January ‘06-Dec. ’07. President effective May 7, 2007; served from 12/1/2008 to 5/2010.
- PrimeTimers MSP—Secretary, 2011-2012.
- District 202 Board—-Treasurer (budget of $500,000) March-June 2006; Finance Committee, 2003-2006.
- Presidential Elector for Minnesota–1988.
- Candidate for Minnesota State Treasurer (Nov. 1997-June, 1998). Attained second place vote at state convention.